- Attraction Old Wooden Church
- Address Kemijärventie, 99600 Sodankylä – Finland
- Contact Sodankylä Tourist Information
- E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website https://www.visitsodankyla.fi
Here’s a videoclip about one of the oldest wooden churches in Lapland. The Sodankylä Old Wooden Church was built in 1689 for the people of Middle Lapland and restored in 1926, while the shingles and the boarding were re-done between 1991-1995 by the National Board of Antiquities and Historical Monuments.
It is a very popular wedding church and services are held in the summertime.
When in August we visited and filmed the church there were many people waiting for having guided tour. Open: From 2.6. Mon-Sun 9 am-6 pm.
Entrance fee is voluntary.
I also suggest you to buy the full video in MP4 in our store
© 2015 – Lapland Interactive by Angelo Giammarresi